Sunday 27 September 2009

Funny Bone?

Children's playgrounds are made for children. For good reason.
Climbing frames are generally built for fun and enjoyment by those same said children.
If you're an adult,
And drunk,
With several other drunk adults egging you on,
And stupid enough to try to play on said climbing frame,
In pitch black,
You're likely to come off second best.
Oops.
Once you're sober, your broken humerus will serve as a good reminder.
Yup. That's the one they call the funny bone.
I wonder why?

5 comments:

Chris Norton said...

That is going to hurt whichever way you look at it. Good advice would be to stay away from parks altogether when you are in toxicated.

Unknown said...

I was reading and hoping it would turn into "Fire service required for extraction and c-spine" or something...fractured humerus is just as amusing

Ckemtp said...

Although the fractured humerous is funny, thinking of the neighborhood children exacting their revenge on the hungover offender for causing the fire department to have to cut on their monkey bars is hilarious.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Fee said...

No doubt it seemed like a good idea at the time, like when I nearly broke my arm "having a go" on a bouncy castle after a little libation (or two).

Anonymous said...

don't tell me you don't secretly want to go on the swings every now and then