Friday 9 September 2011

Movies

The feet appeared first, his legs skewed apart

mimicking the lines they draw in the movies.

His upper body hidden from view, the suspense building, 

following a plot like the movies.

Climbing over a table to see blood spattered walls,

and a gun lying spent on the floor. 

Finding him there, motionless, lifeless. 

Faceless.

Looking for some way to help. 

Finding none. 

Realising that this isn't the movies. 

And knowing, again, that happily-ever-after 

is often nothing more than a movie, a wish, a dream. 

1 comment:

Crazy Cat Lady said...

I wanted to leave a comment because this post deserves recognition, I'm sure there have been many people that have read it and I like I on first reading not known what to say.

This post is why I could never do your job and why I thank you and your colleagues (all over the world) that you can.

Thank you.