Thursday 26 July 2012

A Life Worth Living?

Life is difficult, I get that.

There are financial troubles,

family conflicts.

Friends who fall out, 

failed relationships,

failed studies.

A home barely suitable for

human habitation.

You can't cope,

you want out.  

You want to die,

you understand what that means,

clearly comprehend the closure,

the finality.

So you try, not once,

but twice.

You fail, and I'm glad.

Glad,

not because you've failed at life,

but because you've failed at death.

I'm glad,

mainly,

because you're only

ten years old.

You have a whole life yet

to live.

4 comments:

Jo P said...

Heartbreaking - now please publish a happy post.

Anonymous said...

How sad that a child so young should have so much despair and no hope for a light at the end of the tunnel, heartbreaking.

Bobball said...

Ugh. I hear ya. I only wish the 12 y/o I dealt with had failed...

Anonymous said...

Having dealt with a teenage daughter feeling the same I know how difficult it can be. Good post. Upsetting but sadly all too true.