Tuesday 28 April 2009

Licence to kill?

I must admit that I don't normally read the "red-top" newspapers, but when I heard the discussion on the radio this morning about this article, I had to go straight to the source and read it for myself.
Several thoughts ran through my head as I listened and read. None particularly complimentary.
This girl, who at the age of 24 isn't really a girl any more and should definitely know better, must be either:-
a) naive,
b) uneducated,
c) stupid, or
d) lazy.
The thing that scares me a little more is that there's a fifth possibility. Maybe she doesn't care. Maybe she's using her children and her story for her own personal gain. If that's the case, then I believe her children should be taken into care.
Somebody needs to tell this woman that with her behaviour she's condemning her children to a lifetime of obesity, illness, disease and mental anguish. And all of that probably before they even finish primary school.
As parents we need to take care of our children's present. But paramount in our minds must also be our responsibility to ensure that their futures are the best we can provide too.
This woman seems to think that as they are her children and it's her life, she has a licence to do whatever she pleases. But I, for one, don't believe that she has a licence to kill....

1 comment:

Andersen said...

Or a 6th possibility...
All of the above
This really shocks me and I really hope that things change and rapidly because she's already got one and a half feet in the grave and her kids will be going the same way in about 15 years at the most
I sincere wish to be wrong but unfortunately she is (excuse the language) a stupid fat cow who should get off her backside and actually do things properly. Saying she's too busy... Bleedin busy with what? Making sure her mouth is never empty? Or too busy watching TV
Sorry about that but she and people like her really anger me and this is about the worst case of child abuse through irresponsible parenting that I've ever seen
Anyway, I'll get off my soapbox now.
Also nice blog. It's coming along nicely and hope to read more from you in the future