Sunday 5 September 2010

Car Crash TV

Edit: For some reason, YouTube has decided to remove this video. I'll keep an eye out and see if I can find it somewhere else. Shame. It was one of the best pieces of public education I'd seen for a very long time.

I've seen this clip in various different places recently, but I first spotted it on Jumblerant.
Mine must be one of the businesses where we'd rather not drum up more business, and this is one way of trying to reduce not only the workload, but the heartache that comes with it.
Watch it.
Learn from it.
Share it.
Warning - this isn't a child-friendly video.
Just in case the video link doesn't work - here's where it can be found: http://tinyurl.com/carcrashtv




Please, please, stay safe out there.
I'd be happy not to have your custom.

9 comments:

Chris M said...

Amen to that brother!

Seen that before but still as shocking as the first time i saw it.

oneunder said...

A friend told me that this made his wife cry.
I have to say that who ever put this together understands an ambulance persons view of things.

Ian said...

That should be compulsory viewing on passing a driving test. How many cocky 17 year old men would think twice about racing their mates if they can see the consequences.

Ambulance Amateur said...

Can't help but agree with the above coments.

Anonymous said...

No doubt this should be compulsary veiwing for every driver caught speeding drunk driving and all kids at school

eod

Wayne Conrad said...

If I'm not mistaken, a short version of this appeared on TV. It's sobering, as it should be.

The 17-year-olds that would accept its message are already driving safely. The ones that don't think it can happen to them are not going to listen to this--they are better than average drivers, they have good reaction times, they've never had anything bad happen.

What makes me just shudder is how only luck got me through youth without having caused this kind of tragedy.

Stuart said...

If it makes any of you feel a little bit better, the guy who was crushed by the car at 1:37 actually survived - the dent in the side of the car caused by the collision actually saved his life. He ended up in that hollow space as the car rolled over him

Anonymous said...

Neither links are working anymore. Any other place to watch it?

E

Anonymous said...

Only just got on to have a look, but, as you said, it's not there anymore. Let me know as and when you find it again, as it's something I've been instructed to watch by both yourself and my mother! Dr Abuse