Wednesday 21 November 2012

Abandoned

I know, I've abandoned you. I'd even abandoned twitter for a few days. Well, at least one of my accounts, anyway.

We've had a hairy few days in Israel (he says, somewhat underplaying it), and whilst this is not the forum for political comment, I just thought I'd let those of you who care (and I know there are some - your messages have been truly appreciated!) know that we're OK. We've been within sight and sound of some missile hits, but luckily no worse. In the meantime, my writing efforts have been spent elsewhere and my so-called spare time has been taken up making sure that my family and friends aren't panicking too much. Particularly the ones who are too far away to go through it with us.

Life in this country is never dull; I had never, for example, had to run an air-raid siren drill with my kids; and whilst we're still technically at war, I am today heading for yet another ambulance driving test, so I can stay on the side of the life-savers.

Hopefully, some normality will return soon.

Stay safe.

5 comments:

mrsrrd said...

Thinking of you and hoping you all stay safe.
X

Fluzz said...

Family first.

Bobball said...

Keep your head down and stay safe.

Anonymous said...

Stay safe out there, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family... Sashas Mum

TAZ THE AMBO said...

Glad to hear you and the family are OK. We are thinking of you.