Sunday 14 June 2009

Apology. Ish...

I've been told off. Muchly. Apparently I shouldn't have criticised a colleague in my blog. Refer to the "Rise of the Machines" below to see where I supposedly levelled my criticism. I didn't see it as such, and if that's how it was perceived, then I'm sorry. I'm almost 100% certain that the person I was referring to won't read either the original or this post, but still.
However, I stand by what I wrote. We're all guilty of the same thing sometimes, and I was just commenting on it, not having a go.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

At the end of the day Ben, no names were mentioned and I am certain that this isnt the only time that someone has said something similar.
I know I hear things like what you commented on enough where I work too.
But, we do have to be careful dont we? It only takes one disgruntled colleague who reads your blog to think that you are talking about them, to report you to management and then your in a whole lot of trouble.
Its all about making things vague enough so that no one can prove it is them you are commenting about. I always change time frames for a start. If I want to blog on something that has happened today, I will start off by saying "I had this job a couple of years ago etc etc".

I hope this doesnt bite you on the bum too much!!

RapidResponseDoc said...

I see no problems with what you said, and you stated it well. Treat the patient, not the machine. If someone didn't like it, that's because they know they did wrong. I agree with medic999 - how can he be sure you are talking about him? Unless, it is a more general complaint; that you shouldn't dis your colleagues. Well, you have a right to speak your mind, and you didn't in any way overstep the mark...

InsomniacMedic said...

M999 and RRD, thank you both for your comments. I also hope it won't bite me on the bum, and I'm fairly sure it won't. It wasn't meant as a personal attack. Just an observation of a "crime" that we're probably all guilty of from time to time. I know I certainly am, it just wasn't me in this case...