Tuesday 23 June 2009

Suggestions Please

In the LAS we have an automatic dispatch system called FREDA, which apparently stands for "Fast Response Electronic Dispatch for Ambulances". It's supposed to be brilliant at locating the nearest resource and sending it to wherever it's needed, and on the whole, it does the job. However, Miss Freda drove me nuts last night. Again. Sent me to cover areas where there were already three ambulances, sent me to a station for area cover and then 5 minutes later sent me back to my base station, sent me on a call three times and cancelled it three times, and various other misdemeanors. She drove me so mad, that I spent some of the time thinking up other things that FREDA could stand for. I couldn't come up with any sparks of brilliance, so was hoping that some of you might. Friggin' Ridiculous Extra Distance Allocator was about the best I could do... (At least it gave me something to think about while I was dealing with the lady who called an ambulance because she and her teenage son both had a cold).
Gold star award to the winner...

7 comments:

The Happy Medic said...

Free Ride for Everyone Doing Anything

Anonymous said...

first response equals doing anything....folklore reminds everyone don't abandon..... forget responding everyone does anyway...... freeloaders regularly enjoy doing ambulances......

The Road Doctor said...

F__king Ridiculous Emergency Dispatch Aberration

Might not wanna teach this one to the kiddies...

RapidResponseDoc said...

Finally, a Real End to Death, Aaahhh. That might be what they wanted it to mean, but it actually stands for:

FREDA Really Effortlessly Doesn't Activate

(By the way, having the word FREDA in the meaning of the acronym FREDA is called a recursive acronym...)

Anonymous said...

Forever Relocating Every Darned Ambulance

Anonymous said...

FREDA is Frequently Reducing Efficiency - Demands Alteration!

Anonymous said...

Frenzied Rescuer Exasperatedly Driving Aimlessly