Friday 6 August 2010

Bus Stop


Fate sometimes has a strange way of playing with your mind.

After yesterday's post about rarely discovering the outcome of patients, and how it can be the most frustrating part of our job, I had a little closure on one patient.

The last time I saw her, many months ago, she was on a trolley in the resus room.

Unconscious, post resuscitation.

Given a 10% chance to survive the night.

This morning, on my way home, I drove past her address just in time to see her locking her front door, shopping bags slung over her shoulder, and walking to the bus stop just outside her house.

I'll take part of the blame for her shopping bill.

4 comments:

Wizard said...

Nice work matey. Always a good day when you get one back, makes up for those you can't help. MMW

Rhiannon said...

Thank you for the smile, I totally needed it!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic! I've never got anyone back to that extent, bet you must have felt amazing.

Eytan said...

Did you stop to introduce yourself?