Thursday 3 February 2011

Often, Sometimes

Dozens of times, each time different, yet each time the same.

"I'm sorry. There's nothing else we can do."

Often at home,

Sometimes at hospital.

Often, there are tears,

Sometimes screams.

Often silence.

Sometimes hugs.

Often phone calls.

Sometimes, oddly, smiles.

Often confusion.

Yet always, as we leave, we leave nothing but an empty, dark void.

And questions. Always questions.

Each time may be different, yet each time is the same.

And each time, I'm sorry.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dark stuff dude...

Michael Morse said...

Dark and true. Very nice, in a dark kind of way.

CSI Guy said...

I love your writing style. Really enjoy your posts.

Tom102 said...

I wish I could say that I've done that 'jokingly' and got the T-shirt. Problem is I have really done that and got the T-shirt.

However, in the same draw, I have other T-shirts that say 'delivered baby on ....' or pulled man out of...

I think you get the picture.